Thursday, August 21, 2008

Oh my la-la ....

Chandler(12) comes down stairs at 6 this morning, the first day of 7th grade, our conversation:

C: Mom, I got it.

Me: Got what?

C: I got IT!!

Me: It, what?

C: ITTTTT!!!!

Me: Oh!!!  My la-la!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, my first born got her very first monthly cycle! She's crampy, but otherwise doing fine so far. She knew what to expect so she wasn't too spazzed out.  But what a crappy day for it to happen on!  I'm going to take her to a nice lunch Saturday and get her a little gift of some sort.  If you have an idea please post it in comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, such a wonderfully strange event for both mother and daughter.  I was a bit sentimental about it for my daughter, but grew to understand that it's just the beginning of a completely different relationship between us.  I gave mine a card with a heartfelt letter I had written.  Now......almost a year later.......well, I kinda wish we could back to the way it was......!  Sue